A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Not a Sprint, but a Marathon

Post #11 of Sarah’s Post-It Note Inspirations Blog Series


I am in a time of some exciting transitions. With junior year of college, two great years of working at New Life Family Services, and running my first marathon under my belt, I have a lot to celebrate and be thankful for. I am getting ready to jump into what is in store for me next, which includes a full-time summer internship, a semester abroad in London, and the end of my college career. With so much that has now come to an end, and so much that is going to begin, I can’t help but be reminded that life is not a sprint, it’s a marathon.


Times of transition allow us to step back and reflect on what we have accomplished, and make goals for the future. Although, we realize that especially when it comes to the big things in life, it isn’t about checking one goal off our list and moving onto the next one, but it is about enjoying the present moment, even when we are in the midst of difficult circumstances. Just like a marathon, many things in life take hard training and commitment in order to find success and to really accomplish what it is we are set out to do.



And when it gets hard, when I feel like I can’t get past this “mile” in life, I can know for a fact that He is there, running right beside me. That He will not leave me or forsake me, that He will strengthen me. With Him beside me, anything is possible. This motivates me to dive deeper in my faith, to challenge myself, and to take risks to glorify His name; to move into the next phase of the “marathon” in total confidence that He will always be there with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment