A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Prayers for Direction

Post #10 of Sarah’s Post-It Note Inspirations Blog Series


Easter is almost here and I wanted to write a reflection post of three things I have learned over the course of the past few weeks. Lent (the 40 days after Ash Wednesday leading up to Easter) is the time of year that many Christians may fast, or give up an indulgence such as a certain type of food or habit. It is also a time that many take to more deeply pray about a specific circumstance in their life and grow closer in their relationship with Jesus through these prayers. This Lenten season, I tried to be more focused in prayer in praying for direction. Although broad, I think these prayers for direction revealed to me some very important points, and I wanted to share them because I believe that they apply to all our lives at any life stage.





1. “I belong here.”

Many times, walking around on my campus or running through the streets of Minneapolis, I get this sense that “I belong here.” It relieves me and reminds me that I am here for a reason, and motivates me to use my time in the best way possible. It reminds me that I am right where I am supposed to be.

I think feeling this sense of belonging is good, and something we should all strive for. I believe that God places us in certain situations for a reason, and He wants us to feel this sense of belonging and comfort, but He also pushes us to go outside of our comfort zone to do His work as well. We must always be discerning of where it is God wants us to go and what He wants us to do, but if we are seeking Him and His will for us, we can have confidence that we are right where we are supposed to be.


2. No matter where I go or what I do, it is about showing Jesus to others.

I am reminded that God has called us to not just believe in Him, but to share His love with those around us. We are called to step out in faith to proclaim His name wherever we are. During my prayers for direction, this kept coming to my mind again and again. I learned that no matter where I am or what I am doing, it is so very important to think about finding ways to show Jesus to others in whatever circumstances.

Sharing your faith in Jesus with someone is not easy. I often think of people in my sphere of influence that may not believe yet, and pray that I may be able to show Jesus to them, even in small ways or my day to day actions. I get nervous about how showing Jesus may affect my relationship with them, or maybe how it might ruin it. But, isn’t the risk of making a relationship uncomfortable or awkward so someone can know Jesus worth taking? Isn’t risking being viewed as different or an outcast worth it if someone gets to know Jesus through you? The answer is always yes.


3. Seek Christ over a career.

This point ties it all together. My prayers for direction were very career-focused, so that’s why I am using the word career here, but it can also be replaced with Seek Christ over everything.

Going back to the first point, I know that if I seek Him first, I can trust that He will lead me to exactly where I am meant to be. And going back to the second point, it is about showing Jesus to others in wherever I end up. So, seek Christ first, and He will guide you.

Matthew 6:31 – 33
Proverbs 16:3
Jeremiah 29:11


Happy Easter, and God bless!





No comments:

Post a Comment