A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Imperfect


I have many great relationships;
               With wonderful friends,
                              A caring boyfriend,
                                             And a loving family.

God has blessed me with so many great people in my life.

So why do I worry,
               Why do I doubt,
                              And why am I sometimes unhappy with them?

Because none of these relationships are perfect.

We hurt each other,
               We cast burdens on one another,
                              And sometimes we are hard to handle.

No relationship can be perfect,
               Because no person is perfect.

The only perfect relationship we can have is with God,
               Even though we still mess up our side of the relationship.

So if relationships are sometimes hard,
               What keeps them going?

Love.

Love holds us together when all is falling apart,
               When it gets hard,
                              Love keeps us from scattering.

Love is powerful,
               Prayer is powerful,
                              And most importantly, God is powerful.





Heavenly Father, thank you for all the people you have blessed us with in our lives, even if our relationships with them aren’t perfect. Help us to love one another like You love us. Thank you for the power of love and the power of prayer. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment