A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Where is Home?


I really like the home and community I grew up in. When I was little, I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. Now as a college student, I have somewhat moved from my home (although not too far), and my new home is the college campus, which I also really like. I am extremely grateful to have these two great places as part of my life.


But which one is really home? My home where I grew up is so familiar and where my family lives, but starting college made me leave this home and get used to another. Even when I come back home, it is a little different than it used to be growing up, coming home is temporary. So, is the college campus my home? It’s hard to call a dorm room a home, and it is also hard to call a campus with more than 50,000 people a home. Yes, it is where I live and work and go to school, but the word “home” has so much weight and meaning to it (for me at least), and it would be weird to say that I share my home with thousands of other people.


So how about when I grow up and have my own home with my family…Will that feel like home?


I think many places can have sprinkles of a home-like- feeling, but there is only one true home for all of us, and that is with Jesus Christ. We were made to be with Him in heaven, so I think that is why we can’t completely feel at home in this world.


But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior. – Philippians 3:20


So on days when I just don’t feel like I fit here, or when I miss living at my house with my family, I hold onto this truth – that I am at home with Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment