A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Remember to Breathe


Most days I feel like I am swimming, trying to keep my head above water. I try to meet every demand and every task to the best of my ability. I do just enough so I can keep from drowning.


But for the past couple weeks, I kept thinking about how I want to do more than just tread water every week, I actually want to swim somewhere.


So, I decided to make goals for each week. “Small strokes” so that by the end of the week, I feel like I have moved in more areas than just my usual day-to-day demands. These goals are as simple as “talk to someone new every day” or “have 15 minutes of quiet time before bed.” Simple things that like this help me to thrive in the small ways too.


I have one more thing to add to this very short and simple post: On weeks where it feels like you are in the ultimate race, trying to get everything done that you need to, remember to do one simple thing – breathe. Remember to settle down and to refuel so that you can keep doing the things that God wants you to do. God calls us to find peace in His presence.

Be still, and know that I am God.



What “small strokes” will you take this week? What will you do to remind yourself to breathe? 

No comments:

Post a Comment