A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Letting go is LIVING!


Surrendering your life to the Savior is no small task, but it is the very best decision you could ever make.

Letting go of your worries, your plans, your life will actually allow you to feel more in control and at peace because you will trust that God has a special plan for your life.

Letting go will allow you to gain even more – a little contradictory I would have to say. But what you will gain is this – the true feeling of God’s presence, His grace, and His gentleness.

If you want to truly “live life to the fullest” while you are on this Earth, you need to just let go.


I would like to be able to say that because I have fully surrendered and let go, I have gained and experienced all these things. And this is partly true. My passion to follow God’s plans and love like Jesus has allowed me to gain experiences that could not have come about by my work alone. These experiences range from meeting new people and building a relationship with them, to working a new job and finding opportunities on campus. I have learned to trust God and His plan, but ultimately, I have not been able to fully let go of my life. There is a part of me that still wants to control everything. And this is the point that I would like to get across – that letting go of my worries, my plans and my life is something I struggle with. It’s not easy whatsoever. And generally for many of us, it isn’t easy – it is actually quite difficult!


So what can make the task easier?


I came across this passage in Hebrews 12 and it reminded me why we “run this race” of faith, why we persevere to follow Jesus daily and struggle through the idea of giving our life completely to Him.

Hebrews 12:1-3 New International Version (NIV)
12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.


We do it because Jesus gave his life so that we may live. And whenever we are having trouble with anything in our faith, when we are having trouble letting go, we can rest on this truth and look to Jesus as our one true strength.



Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment