A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Marvelous Truths

Sometimes, you just have to marvel at God’s work and His Word. In it lie so many truths that can blow your mind. And yes, they are all truths. In fact in John 14:6, Jesus says: “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.” Jesus is the truth, the truth we strive to follow.


There are so many truths tangled within the words of the Bible. Here are just five:


God created each and everyone one of us uniquely and in His own image.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. – Genesis 1:27


He put you and me on this Earth for a very special purpose. God has a special plan for all of us.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  – Jeremiah 29:11


A big part of that purpose and plan is to love others.

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. – John 13:34


Jesus died in our place so that we may have eternal life with God our Father.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. – John 3:16

But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. – Romans 5:8


We can confess our sins and receive God’s mercy and forgiveness.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. – 1 John 1:9


We learn these truths and so many more by reading and reflecting on God’s Word. And I don’t think these truths are meant to be kept as secrets. God intended for us to share them with others around us. This is stated in one of my favorite verses found in the book of Matthew: Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).


God knows we will make a mess and screw up, not a single one of us is perfect. But I know for a fact that He wants us to go out, make disciples, and speak truths.


You make me brave, Lord. Send me out so that others may see you. Help me to demonstrate your truths through my words and actions. We love you and praise you, forever and ever, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment