A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Discover Your Passion


Lord, I need you. I need you. Help me to stay strong in you, to find peace and rest in your holiness, and to pursue you. Push me to the ends of this earth to do your will. Use me for your glory. Help me discover my passions and what you are putting on my heart for me to do. In your Son’s name, Amen.


Special shout-out to all my fellow college students who may have just finished their first semester of college like myself, way to go! God is truly great and I am so glad He has given us all these wonderful opportunities to glorify His name in college.


Here is a little bit of an update on me that I would like to focus on in this blog: I found a new passion of mine – writing. I can just about imagine some of your responses – “Well duh Sarah you like writing, you have a blog for crying out loud!” And yes, you are right, I knew I liked writing a lot, but a passion is something different. A passion is something that God has put on your heart as a way to glorify Him. A passion is something you want to pursue for the rest of your life.


So there you have it – I am going to use writing as a way to glorify God and I am going to do it for the rest of my life.  I mean, I guess I kind of knew that too, but there is something else I am realizing – Writing in this way could not only be a part of my personal life, but I could also use it in my occupation too. Again, some of you might be saying – “Yes Sarah, yes you could. That is kind of obvious.” But I am just starting to realize this passion now, and I am taking steps to live out this passion. I want to write, write and write more all about Him and for Him.


So that is a little update on me and my story, but let me ask you this: what is your passion? If you don’t know, that is totally fine too. You probably have one without even realizing it.


I also found this article about discovering your passion that I found very interesting. It talks about truly following God’s call and doing something in your life that maybe society tells us you are not “supposed” to do, but it is about chasing your wildest passions and pursuing God’s ultimate purpose for your life. It is about creating work that is “meaningful, purposeful and profitable.” Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment