A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Monday, October 13, 2014

God provides not necessarily what you WANT, but what you NEED:
Passages from the book of Matthew


I need to get an A on this next test.

I need to land this new job.

I need them to accept me.


I am sure all of us have said something along these lines at one point in our lives, I know I have. There are certain things in life that we feel like we need, otherwise we will fail the class, or not have enough money for the new car we want, or not fit in with the group and be happy.


However, these passages from Matthew 6 and 7 remind us that God knows our needs better than we do. He knows what we absolutely need before we even ask! Worrying about these things is useless. 


Matthew 6:31-33: So don’t worry. Don’t say, “What will we eat?” Or, “What will we drink?” Or, “What will we wear?” People who are ungodly run after all those things. Your Father who is in heaven knows that you need them. But put God’s kingdom first. Do what he wants you to do. Then all those things will also be given to you.


Matthew 7:7-11: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!


Something that is often hard for me to get over is the fact that the things that God provides for us aren’t necessarily what we deeply desire. I want good grades, perfect relationships, and a set plan for my life. But God is screaming at me: SARAH NONE OF THAT IS YOURS ANYWAY. So true God. If I am truly a follower of Christ and willing to fully trust in Him alone, I need to realize that God knows me WAY better than I know myself. Isaiah 55:9 states: For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. His ways are far better than anything we could ever think of ourselves.


So trust in God, set your sights on Him, and He will provide you with what you need.



No comments:

Post a Comment