A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Trusting in His Plans: What Should Happen, Will Happen

Post #3 of Sarah’s Post-It Note Inspirations Blog Series


I may have said this before, but I strongly believe in the fact that what should happen, will happen. This is why I also believe that following His plans is always better than following my own plans. In fact, from my experiences, trying to follow the path I have created for myself always fails. With that said, this post-it note inspirations blog is dedicated to committing to the ways and wonders of the Lord, and trusting that He will make your path straight.




In everything we do, we should commit ourselves to the will of the Lord and understand that we cannot make it on our own. I am going to relate this concept to my experiences in college and exploring careers, but you probably already guessed that because as you can see from the picture, the post-it note is stuck right on my resume.


In the midst of my junior year of college, I have more than ever been thinking about what my future career may hold in terms of what kind of work I want to be doing and what sort of company I want to work at. I have finalized my major and minors and I feel confident in them, knowing that these are the fields I am most passionate about, and where my strengths fit best. For this summer, I am seeking a full-time internship not because I am required to or that I feel pressured to, but actually because I want to. Because of this, I have been working really hard to refine my resume and apply for positions, all the while thinking: “Is all this work really worth it? Is this even what I am supposed to be doing? Will my hard work pay off?”  Even with these doubts, I do still believe that this is the direction I am being called to go, and this verse from Proverbs 16:3 is a humble reminder to no matter what, trust in Him to establish my path.


So as I continue on this path in search of a summer internship, I will continue to work hard and to pray that He leads me to the internship He has in store for me. Even when I am denied of interviews, even when I am anxiously waiting to hear back from companies, I will continue to trust in Him because I am confident that what should happen, will happen. 



1 comment: