A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Completion


I am one to start something with the anticipation of finishing it right at that given moment. I find it easier to do things all at once, while my mind is focused on it, instead of doing it for only a little bit then taking a break and moving onto something else. This type of mindset goes for anything from a task at work, studying, cleaning my room, or even writing a blog post. It even goes for long term goals. I strive to start on my goal right away, whether it is fitness, school or relationship related, and I hope to see results quickly.


This all has to do with completion, wanting to complete something as soon as it is handed to me. I admit, I really like the feeling of completing things. It feels good to finish one thing so I can move onto another. Often times, this is how I live from day to day, completing one thing and then moving onto the next.


But if we go from thing to thing wanting to just find completion, we may miss what God is really wanting us to learn from the journey or even His signs telling us to move away from the task for a little bit, His calling to take a break. Maybe He wants us to move away, to take a step back, and maybe even to risk completion in order to gain something better, to gain a different direction. He may be calling us to step out of our own ways or the ways of the world to try something new, to follow a new path we wouldn’t have thought of on our own.


I am sure each and every one of us at times need to learn how to slow down and listen to God in the process of doing things, whether it is the big goals or the small, daily tasks. And even when we do have to stop in the middle of the process, when He is taking us in a different direction, we can trust that whatever He has started within us He will bring to completion:



And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. – Philippians 1:6 



No comments:

Post a Comment