A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Saturday, January 2, 2016

It’s an open road, but where does it lead?

An open road ahead of me, but where does it lead?
               I can see a little bit ahead, but the air is foggy. I can’t see what is way up ahead.
                              I trust that the road continues, but where does it lead?
                                             What is ahead?
Danger? Excitement? A roadblock? An opportunity?
               Anxiety builds up at the uncertainty.

Jesus is sitting in the passenger seat, chuckling at my intuitions.
               He offers to take the wheel, but I decline, thinking I know what is best.
                              But the anxiety continues.

On the backroads, I let Him be in the driver’s seat.
               And then my anxiety begins to disappear.
                              My fears slowly fade away.
                                             I can enjoy the scenery and the ride, and not worry about what is ahead.
                                                            Because I know that the One Holy and Almighty is leading me.

But I take back the wheel on the highways, because I still think I know what is best when it gets fast.
               If only I would allow Jesus to take the wheel on the highways too.
                              Then I could experience a ride free of anxiety and full of peace.



Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

It is amazing how we can be so sure of our faith, that we can give Jesus the steering wheel of our life and He will lead us, even in the midst of hardship and uncertainty.  That is what faith is – believing without seeing, knowing that what we hope in is true.


2 Corinthians 4:18

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Just a shift in focus off of what is of this world and onto God can change everything.
Maybe you haven’t been doing the best lately, but you are doing the best you can. That is all that really matters to God. If you keep trying, He will be the one to ultimately lead you to where you are to go.


This next semester, I will be studying abroad. This brings up feelings of excitement, but also of fear and anxiety. But I know He will be the one guiding my path.
I have created a new blog where I will share my study abroad experiences. Appropriately titled One Chance, it includes a theme verse from Joshua 1:9. Check it out here: http://onechance19.blogspot.com/



Thank you to all those who have supported me thus far in my writing. I hope you are inspired to allow Jesus to be the driver of your life, and I pray that your open road is filled with joy even amongst difficult circumstances.




No comments:

Post a Comment