A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Monday, October 12, 2015

How do you define yourself?

Do you ever feel like a terrible person when you need to back out of something you said you would do? Or when you try to do something, but you can’t do it to your best?

A lot of times, we see ourselves through the stuff we do, we define ourselves by those standards. And when we do that, others see us that way too. So when we feel like we have failed at whatever we doing, our positive self-image becomes very rusty and it is hard to see ourselves for who we truly are.

You are not defined by what you do, but by who you are in Christ.

Focus on that truth. Focus on the things of heaven, not of earth.

You can’t do everything. You aren’t here to please everyone. You aren’t even here to please yourself all the time! You are here to honor God by obeying His commands, so that when it comes to the end of your life, you can hear the words of “well done, good and faithful servant.”

When you fail to please, when you disappoint, God still loves you and sees you the same.



Lord, forgive me for those times I feel I have failed and then think poorly of myself. Help me to see myself the way You see me. Help me not to get caught up in the expectations of others, but help me to focus on honoring You and becoming more and more like Jesus every day. I am in this world, but not of the world. My identity lies in You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment