A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I just want to fix it


Isn’t there always something in our lives that needs to be fixed?

A broken relationship…A sinful habit…A lost passion…An unforgiving heart


When something goes wrong, my first instinct is to want to fix it; right away. But a lot of things don’t work that way – they can’t be fixed in an instant.  So instead, I think of the long process that needs to happen in order for it to be fixed, and I plan it out exactly how I want it to happen. What can I say, I am a fixer and a planner.


But life doesn’t work that way either – a lot of the time we can’t fix it, but God can. Not by my work, but by His. Not by my doing, but by the doing of my Heavenly Father. And by pressing into Him, maybe you will have the privilege of seeing God’s divine miracle, his marvelous healing, unfold in your life.


You can’t fix it – but God can.

In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. – Proverbs 3:6


So I know He can fix it, but when is He going to do it? When will He mend the wound? When will he restore your relationship, help you turn away from that sinful habit, rediscover your talents or renew your heart?

Only He himself knows.


So when the battle just doesn’t seem to end soon enough, keep pressing on. God already picked the time you, and ultimately He, will win it.


But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. – Micah 7:7

No comments:

Post a Comment