A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Weakness


Some people say that Christianity is just for those who are weak, those who need a “crutch”, and those who need the faith in order to feel like they have purpose and meaning in their life.


Surprisingly, these remarks are completely accurate.


I am weak. I need someone who is always there to lean on, and someone who is always there to pull me back up. I need something bigger than myself and this world to put my faith and trust in. I need Jesus, I need the Gospel, and I need the truth. WE ALL DO.


God doesn’t need us (although He wants us), but we sure do need Him. God gave us the opportunity for eternal life by sending down His only son Jesus Christ to die for our sins. Jesus gives us life, and through Him, we can breathe. In John 14:6, Jesus says “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” Jesus is the only way to God, and like I said before, WE ALL NEED GOD.


I would also like to touch on a different kind of weakness. Not only do I need God to give me life, but I also need Him in the sense that I can’t do everything on my own; I need Him to carry me when I fall. Sometimes I get caught up in all of life’s demands and literally crumble to the ground. I say things like:

“I can’t do this.”

“I am not physically or mentally able to meet these demands.”

“I am not strong enough.”


But at these moments, it always helps to think about how we don’t have to do it all on our own because God is right there with us.

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” – Deuteronomy 31:8


Also one of my favorite reminders is this: That God’s strength and power overcomes my weakness.

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest in me. – 2 Corinthians 12:9



My main takeaway from this is simply the essential concept that we tend to all forget from time to time – we need God because we are weak. We need Him to give us life, and we need Him because we are simply not strong enough to do it on our own.


Christianity, belief in one true and holy God, isn't just for those who need an “emotional crutch” it is for those who realize their weakness and their incredible need for a Savior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment