A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Even when…


You don’t feel accepted…

God says: You have been accepted by me. Work to accept one another in this same way.

Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. – Romans 15:7


You don’t feel beautiful…

God says: You are my creation, an incredible work of art. You are created in my image and likeness, perfectly and wonderfully made. You are beautiful.

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. – Ephesians 2:10

And to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. – Ephesians 4:24

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. – Psalms 139:14


You feel like you aren’t smart enough or not good enough…

God says: You are, because I give you wisdom. You are my chosen ones, to do good works and to praise my name, for through me, you are always good enough.

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God – that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption -1 Corinthians 1:30

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people of his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellences of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light – 1 Peter 2:9


No matter how hard you work, how hard you try, you can’t get the results you want…

God says: Don’t look for rewards from your parents, professors, employers, or friends because in the end, I will reward you. I want you to work for me.

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. – Colossians 3:23-24


You feel a little selfish and all you want is for someone to say to you, “I’m proud of you”…

God says: I will meet your needs, you don’t have to rely on others to find fulfillment. And remember not to think of yourself higher than you should, but look for positivity within the faith already bestowed upon you by the grace of God. 

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:19

For by the grace given to me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith god has distributed to each of you. – Romans 12:3


You feel completely alone, like nobody understands…

God says: I am always there, and I am not leaving.

Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. – Hebrews 13:5


You feel like no one is supporting you…
God says: I am your Father in heaven and no one on earth is to be called this. If no one is as high as me, why rely on them so heavily? Ultimately, rest and find comfort in me.

And don’t address anyone here on earth as ‘Father,’ for only God in heaven is your spiritual Father. – Matthew 23:9

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. – Matthew 11:28


You say “I can’t do this on my own”…

God says: You don’t have to. I will give you strength.

For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  – Philippians 4:13



It is easy to get caught up in what others think about you or what you think of yourself. It is easy to forget that God loves us without end and thinks great things about us, even when we mess up and seem to have disappointed everyone else in our lives.  I hope this reminds you what God says about you, and you can find peace in these truths.



Heavenly Father, thank you for always loving us, always supporting us and always being there for us. It is so reassuring to know that we always have You by our side, even when it feels like no one else is. We love you, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment