A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway!
Being Thankful in all Circumstances

Welcome to Minnesota! It’s cold out, really cold out. Walking to and from classes this week was brutal. I found myself singing along to my favorite Frozen song throughout the week, especially the line “The cold never bothered me anyway!”


However, whenever I sat down to eat dinner every night, I found myself thanking God for the weather. “Dear God, thank you for this good food and for a good day today and thank you for the weather…”


I didn’t really understand why I was thanking God for the weather if I very much disliked that it was windy and freezing outside, but now that I think about it, we are called to thank God in all circumstances, and I think that was what I was unconsciously doing.


Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. – 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever! – Psalm 107:1

Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ – Ephesians 5:20


With Thanksgiving coming up, we are reminded of the importance of thanking God for our family, friends, food and our homes. We shouldn’t just remember to be thankful on Thanksgiving though, but we should work to thank God each and every day of our lives. We have so much to be thankful for, especially since we are so privileged compared to the rest of the world.


I wish everyone a blessed start to their holiday season, and remember to bring the joy and peace and thankfulness of Thanksgiving Day with you every day, everywhere you go.



God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment