A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

So Sarah, how are you doing?

Not only is this blog about sharing what I have learned through different verses and conversations with people, but God is also calling me to use it to connect to people and share my fears and doubts as I go through a life focused on following Him. I want to be able to connect with all of you readers and keep you updated on how things are going for me.


So, how am I doing?


I am doing well. I have to admit, the first month or so of college has been tough. I came in thinking classes would be the hardest part, but the schoolwork is not as bad as I thought it would be (I say this now, but watch how that changes later). The hardest part for me, to be completely honest, was making new friends and finding my place. At the beginning, I was questioning why God brought me to college and I felt like I was supposed to be somewhere else serving Him. But now, as I have started making connections with more people and finding my place, I have realized that God has brought me here for a very good reason. I can wonderfully serve Him through what I say and do here on my college campus.


In my daily devotional titled Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado, it contains a devotional that deeply touched my heart this week. It uses the verse from Job 42:3 – Surely I spoke of the things I did not understand; I talked of things too wonderful for me to know and it explains how God knows what he is doing. “God is God. He knows what he is doing. When you can’t trace his hand, trust his heart.” This hit me because I still don’t know exactly where God is taking me. Yes, I have learned a lot, but I have also had some suffering. Some of what God is calling me to do is not what the old me would have done. They are not things I would have chosen to do myself. But God is calling me, leading me and changing me. I feel His presence every day, and I know He is right here with me, every moment of every day.


For the first time ever, I have a question for you readers to actually answer so others can see!


The question is: How has God touched your life in the past week? It could be as simple as a song on the radio, or as big as a calling to serve overseas. But how has God made His presence known in your life recently? Use the comment section below to post your answers! And as always, feel free to contact me using the contact tab to the right of the page if you have any questions or would like to share with me more about your experiences!



I am looking forward to reading how God is acting in the small and big things in all of your lives! God bless everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment