A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Friday, October 24, 2014

How do you start your morning?


What is your first thought when your alarm goes off in the morning? Maybe it’s “Is it morning already?” Maybe you think about what the day holds, what classes you have today, what work has to get done.  Maybe you thank God for giving you another day to live and do His work.


As for me, the way I wake up greatly impacts my morning. Some days I wake up stumbling to shut off the alarm after it has gone off ten million times already. Other days I wake up refreshed and happy, and I even shut off the alarm before it has the chance to go off. I strive for days like these, when it is easier to think about God and remember to start off my day by reading the Bible and praying.


Nevertheless, in both circumstances, I need to tell myself to do one simple thing:


Breathe.


It will help me:

be calm

feel peace

quiet my soul

slow my thoughts

find focus

set my sights on Him


Breathe.


No matter what the day holds, take a deep breath, trust in God, and be grateful for the day He has given you. For it is by God’s breath that we have life.

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life. – Job 33:4




Heavenly Father, thank you so much for creating us in your image and giving us the opportunity to come and know you more. Thank you for the good works you have laid out for us to do, and the chance to wake up every morning and do them all in your glory. We praise you and we love you. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment