A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Nervous, Anxious, Stressed?
All of the above?



I am all of the above. For sure. I seem to be nervous about something new every day this week. A daily freak out I like to call it.



I am not going to see my best friend for another three months.
I won’t be able to see my family every night.
I am going to miss my little sister so much.
I will be leaving my home and moving to a whole new place.


Will school really be as hard as everyone says it is?
Will I be able to handle getting involved on campus on top of schoolwork?
Will I be able to make friends and fit in right away?


I feel like I have so much to get done before move-in, and not a lot of time.



This one is for all my fellow soon-to-be college freshman. As you can see, I am in the same boat as you. You are not alone in your fears and worries. Yes, I am mostly excited to be in college, but I am also nervous, anxious and stressed, especially as move-in day seems to be sneaking up on me so quickly.



I pulled some words of encouragement from scripture, and I hope at least one of these passages speak to you and make you feel less worried about college.



Make your worries and fear known to God, and He will protect you:

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7


If you seek him, God will release you from all your fears:

“I sought the LORD and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.” – Psalm 34:4


Don’t rely on yourself, put it all on God:

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:6-7


Trust God with your worries:

“Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.” – Psalm 62:8


Fill your heart and your mind with peacefulness:

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” – John 14:27


Don’t worry about your future, God has got it:

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11

You can do it because you got God (my favorite one):

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13


Also, during these times of worry and stress, remember to PRAY ALWAYS. God is always there to listen.




Prayer:
Lord, we praise you and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to go to college. As we begin this new adventure in our lives, we ask you to help us and guide us. We trust in you and your plans for us, and we lay down all of our worries and fears at your feet – “thy will be done.” Help us to grow closer to you these next four years, and to let your light shine through in everything we do and say.  In your name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment