A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Sunday, December 6, 2015

In Him

Spending time with God, being in Him, looks different every time. Often times after a busy week, I make sure to block off time to sit down and have protected time with God. I sit down someplace, usually with a cup of coffee, with expectations of exactly how this time is going to look, but it rarely ever goes exactly how I plan. God has different plans. I end up giving someone a call or writing a friend an email, or getting up and going for a walk instead of sitting down and solely reading the Bible or writing. And this is ok, because when God leads me a different way during my quiet time, I remember that I am to be a blessing to others. To get outside of myself, and interact with the world around me. To take His blessings and pass it on. It is a reminder that no matter where we are or what we are doing, we can always be in Him. We just have to make that simple choice to follow Him and where He is leading us.

This Christmas season…

Let’s remember to remain in Him. Making time to remember what the season means, and that without Him we cannot do what He has called us to do.

Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. – John 15:4


Let’s learn to be content, in all circumstances. We can get caught up in “if only this could happen or if I could just get this for Christmas, I would be so much happier.” God has provided us with so much already, let us remember to use what we already have to bless others, not get caught up in having more.

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. – Philippians 4:12


Let’s remember that because we are in Him, we can overcome. Reflecting on past holiday seasons, remembering those special people that won’t be joining us at the family gathering this year, can sometimes bring up feelings of sorrow. The realization of what is happening in our world today may bring feelings of fear, and thinking about what is ahead for the next year might make us feel anxious.

I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me. – Philippians 4:13


We are to be blessed, be satisfied and be in Him.



The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.  – John 10:10


No comments:

Post a Comment