A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Friday, November 7, 2014

You are not alone, ask for help in times of trouble



We hear in the Bible how God is always beside us, always with us and watching over us. Most of us know this, but we often times forget it or we don’t really process it, especially when we are going through a rough time.

For He Himself said, “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you.” – Hebrews 13:5

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. – Deuteronomy 31:8

And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age – Matthew 28:20


In addition, God sent us the Holy Spirit to guide us and to enable us to feel His power and love. The Holy Spirit is God’s permanent presence with us. I don’t know about you, but I think that is pretty darn cool!

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever – the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. – John 14: 16-17


Even when you don’t feel his presence, He is there. He promises to never leave you alone. So since we have the Holy Spirit inside of us, and therefore, God’s presence constantly, we don’t really need the help of others, right? We can just give everything to God and rely on Him and all our worries and suffering will be gone away. Well not exactly…


Although we are called to ultimately rely on God, we also need each other to talk about our feelings and our burdens. We are all brothers and sisters of Christ and made to help and love each other. I sometimes find it hard to reach out to others for help. I think I can handle it all on my own. Or I feel like I can just give everything to Him and I will feel better. But, like all of you, I need the help and counsel of others.

Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. – Galatians 6:2

This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. – John 15:12


Do not be afraid to ask for help, not just from God, but from others too. You are loved and cared for by so many people in your life, reach out to them in time of need.


Heavenly Father, thank you so much for creating so many brothers and sisters in Christ that I can go to for help. We will work towards not being selfish and taking the time to bear one another’s burdens. We will work to love others just as you have loved us. We love you so much, thank you for all you have done for us. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment