A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

“Be still, and know that I am God”

There are so many different tasks to get done in one day, and most of the time, the day runs out before you are able to get everything done that you wanted to. You feel like in order to praise and serve God, you need to be doing something all the time. You need to be reaching out and staying busy to truly live out God’s will.


I have pretty much felt this way for the majority of my life. However, I have recently learned that you don’t always have to be pouring yourself out to others and doing good works in the community in order to serve God. Instead, you can praise God just by sitting, being still, and basking in God’s presence. And He wants you to do this, every day.


Psalm 46:10: Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

Psalm 62:5: For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.

Job 6:24: Teach me, and I will be silent; make me understand how I have gone astray.

1 Peter 3:4: But let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.


With that being said, it is also important to remember that God is in control of your life and that your time is not yours, it is His. Ask God everyday: Lord, what do you want me to do to glorify your name today? Maybe instead of studying, He wants you to take the thirty minutes before your next class to read and reflect on His Word. Maybe put the homework down for a bit and call up a sibling or a friend. Instead of watching your favorite TV show before bed, just sit still, pray, and talk to God. What is God calling you to do today? If it is to just sit still for a bit, great! Do it, for His glory.


Heavenly Father, we are so thankful that we are able to praise and glorify you just by being still and enjoying your presence. Quiet our minds, Oh Lord, so we can listen to you speak to us through the Holy Spirit. You are so great and so powerful, we love you. Amen. 


Lead Me to the Cross – Hillsong United

Savior I come, quiet my soul.







No comments:

Post a Comment