A Note From Sarah (August 2017)

If you are looking for new content, please go to and subscribe to my new blog: One Strength. One Chance. One Mighty Counselor.
Please join me in my new blogging adventure!

Friday, August 29, 2014

I am weak, but He is strong


God has taught me a lesson about this essential message this week. I was stressed out and nervous about college. I was working out too hard because I thought it would help me feel stronger and relieve stress. I thought I was relying on God to help me out of the slump, but it turns out, I wasn’t.


I was putting all the stress and nerves on myself, instead of giving it over to God. God specifically showed me that I was not relying on Him enough by making me physically weak. I had trouble walking, and running was definitely out of the question for a few days. One night, I physically and emotionally collapsed. It felt like all the weight of the world had come down on my shoulders, and I couldn’t get up.


I soon realized I needed to full heartedly give everything to God, and pronto. I realized that I am so weak. I want to feel strong, but I am not. I am weak. But guess what? He is strong. This verse from 1 Corinthians 1:25 explains just how strong God is:


“The weakness of God is stronger than human strength.”


Just think about that verse. Not that God has any weakness at all, but if He did, His weakness would be stronger than anyone’s strength on Earth. Wow.



Another passage that I find interesting when it comes to our weaknesses and God’s almighty strength is from 2 Corinthians 12:8-10:


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong” 


Having weaknesses gives us the opportunity to lean on and trust in God even more. When I felt physically and emotionally weak, God taught me that He is being glorified through my weakness. Because at that moment, I finally relied on God and Him alone.


I think we all need to realize that being weak is NOT a bad thing. In fact, “when I am weak, then I am strong” because we are able to fully lean on God for everything.




Even though we don’t want to admit it, we are weak. It is tough realizing all of your weaknesses. But we need to believe and confess that we need help. We need God in our lives to guide us and to strengthen us. He is our One Strength, always.


Prayer:
Heavenly Father, help us to realize this essential message that we are weak, but you are strong. Our weak points give us the opportunity to glorify you. We thank you and praise you for being our One Strength, we will hold this close to our hearts every day. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment